The R12 is the very latest PCP air rifle from BSA, a completely redesigned version of the very popular R10. The R12 now comes with a mono-block action, larger and more refined magazines as well as a improved and redesigned regulator giving you more reliable and consistent shots. As well as these improvements the R12 still retains much of the same appeal as the R10.
RAT Works Edition
Fill pressure after work
BSA R12 CLX PRO
The Service & Tune package builds on the improved design of the R12 regulator, paired with our performance parts to designed to make your rifle more consistent and air efficient, not more powerful. All sub 12 (non FAC) rifles are set to around 11.5ft/lbs after any work is done, keeping you well within the legal limit.
As well as modifying the standard regulator and tuning the rifle we also engrave the breech block with the RAT WORKS logo as a way of showing that your rifle has been worked on by us, this is free of charge. If you would like extra engraving to personalise your rifle further, please look at our laser engraving tab in the homepage menu.
Below is a list of all the work undertaken as part of the tune.
- Ensure the assembly is free of any oil, grease or debris which can cause consistency issues
- Replace hammer spring with one of a more efficient design for use in regulated BSA rifles
- Hammer latch / trigger engagement faces are polished to enhance trigger feel
- PTFE slip disks fitted to reduce hammer spring torsion while cocking to aid shot to shot consistency
- Custom made hammer weight & guide to minimize hammer noise & speed up the 'lock time' of the rifle
- Bolt action versions will be fitted with a new stainless steel pellet probe.
- Bearing surfaces polished and lubricated lightly.
- Probe guide on bolt action versions is replaced to decrease the chance of pellets falling back into the action when loading and to give a smoother cocking and loading cycle.
- The magazine 'Anti Double Load' mechanism is removed. Leaving this fitted can lead to consistency issues as it is driven directly from the hammer. If you would like this feature refitted after our work is done, please select the option from the drop down menu. Please note, having this refitted will give a small amount more variance (generally 5-10fps) which will be apparent on a chronograph, however in actual use in the field there will be little noticeable difference.
- Bolt lock up mechanism is modified on the bolt action version of the CLX for more responsive and smoother movement, also increasing the rifles consistency.
Exhaust valve, transfer port & barrel
- The exhaust valve body is replaced entirely with a new CNC machined housing to give far better efficiency than standard.
- Valve is refaced and modified for better flow.
- The valve pressure is reset to give a better performance and less difference in power between heavy and light pellets.
- The transfer port is modified to give more air flow efficiency.
- Breech face modified to reduce wear on the pellet when loading.
- Crown of the barrel re-cut to prevent any damage to the pellet as it leaves the barrel.
- Sears are polished to a smoother finish to help a smooth cocking action.
- Trigger pin assembly is shimmed to reduce movement from left to right.
- Trigger let-off is set to a comfortable and safe amount..
- 1st stage travel can be reduced beyond standard adjustment at request.
After the regulator is fitted and the tune carried out you can expect a shot to shot consistency of single figures as soon as the rifle has been worked on. A report sheet will be emailed to you once the work is complete detailing the shot to shot consistency through our SKAN chronograph, during the testing process the rifle is held correctly in a mount to guarantee accurate results. This consistency will improve further as the rifle is used.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to guarantee consistency on rifles fitted with aftermarket regulators other than ones we have fitted ourselves.
Once you have purchased the rifle of your choice you can either come over to us and pick it up or we can ship it out.
We are unable to ship any form of firearm directly to you, due to the firearms act of 2006.
This means you must give us the details of your nearest RFD or Gun shop.
To ship firearms we use Parcelforce courier service incurring £32.50 carriage on top of your purchase. Your RFD or Gun shop may choose to add a handling fee at their discretion.
ALL new air rifles will now need to be paid in full before work will begin.
Sorry we're out of stock
We can let you know as soon as it’s available again, enter your email address below.