Air Arms S3/4/5*0 Series Tune
The tune includes the following: The rifle is stripped down to its component parts; they are inspected for any wear and overall quality. In most cases parts can be machined or replaced if needed, and are not charged for. The rifle is worked through as follows:
- Ensure the assembly is free of any oil, grease or debris which can cause consistency issues
- Re-finish hammer spring to a higher accuracy
- Polish the bearing surfaces in the hammer
- Hammer/trigger sear mating face is modified if needed
- The Hammer spring is considerably shortened to reduce the power after the regulator is fitted, this makes cocking effort much less and puts much less pressure on the trigger sears, allowing a much crisper and responsive second stage.
- Loading probe modified for pellet feed and smoothness
- Bearing surfaces polished
- If you include the magazine in with your rifle they are also modified to remove any loading issues such as jamming whilst cycling
- Lubricant is added to parts of the assembly to allow a smoother action
- Bolt lock up mechanism is usually modified for more responsive and smoother movement, also increasing the rifles consistency.
Exhaust valve, transfer port & barrel
- The exhaust valve stem assembly is modified to run more efficiently
- Valve body is modified for better airflow through the firing cycle increasing efficiency
- The valve pressure is reset to give a better performance between heavy and lighter pellets
- The transfer port is modified to give a higher degree of air flow efficiency
- Crown of the barrel re-cut or polished if needed to increase the rifles accuracy
- Transfer port and barrel are aligned correctly
- The Adjuster in the transfer port is set with minimum restriction to allow a much more efficient use of air, 90% of the power setting is done with the hammer spring shortening. Only the final setting is done on this adjuster, which also helps with the FPS variance.
- Sears are polished to a smoother finish if needed
- Hammer engagement sear modified if needed to smoother let off
- Trigger let-off is set to a comfortable and safe amount.
Some parts may be chargeable although I do replace many damaged parts for free as standard. O-ring seals are replaced as standard throughout the rifle and refitted with the correct lubrication.
What pressure can I fill to after the Regulator is fitted?
Regulated Air Arms fill pressures are as follows:
- Air Arms S200 – 200bar
- Air Arms S300/S310 – 200bar
- Air Arms S400/S410 – 200bar
- Air Arms S510/HFT 500 – 200bar
- Air Arms EV2/FTP900 – 200bar
On some rifles the addition of the Regulator adds 40mm to the length of your rifles air reservoir. See table for details.