TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF BUSINESS
1. This website is operated by The RAT Works. Where these terms and conditions use terms such as "we", "us" and "our" they refer to The RAT Works.
3. By visiting our website and/or purchasing something from us, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. You can view the most current version of these terms and conditions at any time by visiting this website page. We reserve the right to update, change or replace any part of these terms and conditions, without prior notice to you, by posting updates on this page. It is your responsibility to check this page on each visit to your website, read these terms and conditions and ensure you understand them before making a purchase.
5. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
6. Any content that you enter onto this website may be transferred unencrypted and involve transmissions over various networks and may involve changes in order to conform and adapt to the technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
7. You may not reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, resell or otherwise exploit for commercial gain, or otherwise, any portion of any of the content on the website or any other part of the service that we offer on this website.
8. Headings and titles used on this website are done so for convenience only. They do not constitute any part of the terms and conditions and will not limit or otherwise affect the terms herein.
ONLINE STORE TERMS
9. Our website offers a range of products and or services for sale. Where we refer to an 'item' we are referring to a single product or service available for purchase on this website.
10. We will take all reasonable care to ensure that the details displayed for a particular item offered for sale are correct at the time when the information was entered onto the system.
11. Whilst care is taken to ensure that we display as accurately as possible appearances, colours, textures or finishes, what you will see on your computer monitor or equipment may differ and so we cannot guarantee that images are an accurate representation of the actual goods or services that you are purchasing.
12. We may not be able to accept your order due to one or more of the following reasons, or for a reason not listed below:
i) The item you have ordered is out of stock
ii) We cannot authorise your payment or have reasonable grounds to suspect your payment may be fraudulent
iii) There has been a pricing or product description error
iv) There is a system or procurement failure
v) You have failed our customer validation checks
13. When you place an order you will receive an email confirming the details of your order. This email is not confirmation that your order has been accepted by us.
14. Your order will only be accepted by us once your goods have been dispatched.
MODIFICATIONS TO OUR SERVICE AND PRICING
15. Prices for items are subject to change without notice.
16. We reserve the right to, at any time, modify or discontinue any part of the service that we offer, or any part of content thereof, without any notice to you.
17. We accept no liability to you or to any third-party for any modification, price change, suspension or discontinuation of the service.
18. During checkout, you may be presented with one or more options for delivery. Where an estimated timescale for delivery is provided, this is an estimate only and your items may be delayed in being received due to circumstances beyond our control (such as a courier delay, or at busy times).
19. Where you select a "next day delivery" option, orders placed on Fridays, Saturdays or Sundays may not be despatched for delivery until the following Monday and so may not be received until Tuesday.
20. If you wish to cancel an order you have placed you must contact us immediately to ascertain whether the items have been dispatched or not. Where they have been dispatched, you will need to return the item to us and you will be responsible for paying the cost of returning the items. All refunds will be applied once item has been received by us The RAT Works and the condition of the item has been check, for more details please see our refund policy.
21. Where items have not been dispatched prior to a cancellation request, our refund policy will apply.
22. Where you have ordered a personalised, perishable or time critical item you may not be able to cancel for a full refund.
23. If you wish to add to or change items on your order with in 24 hours of placing an order with us The RAT Works, then no charge is applied.
24. If you wish to add to or change items on your order after 24 hours of placing an order, with us The RAT Works, then the customer will be charged £10 each time they wish to add to or change items on their order. If a customer adds or changes multiple items on their order in a single enquiry, then they will only be charge £10 as we The RAT Works will see this as a single addition or change to the order.
25. Orders for/including new rifles, will be asked to pay a deposit of £150 to reserve the rifle. The rifle is not reserved until the £150 has been payed and us, The RAT Works has confirmed this. If the order for/including new rifles is cancelled at any time, the £150 will kept or you will be asked to pay by us, The RAT Works as compensation for cancelling the order. The £150 deposit will be deducted from the final payable amount. Orders that are place and paid in full when placed, will be classed as paying the deposit. If orders that are paid in full when place are cancelled the £150 deposit will be taken out of the order refund before the refund is issued.
26. Warranty will only be given/granted on new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works once payment has been made.
27. Any damaged caused by the customer or persons known to the customer during a period when a new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works has not been paid for, will result in the customer paying for any damage caused to the item in question or will be charged for a full replacement of the item in question.
28. A lifetime warranty will be given/granted on new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works after payment has been made in full.
29. Us The RAT Works will not honour the warranty if a new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works has been altered/modified/worked on by the customer/ a person known to the customer. If this is the case the customer will be made to pay for and work under taken by us The RAT Works to return new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works to the same stat to which it left our premises.
30. The following issues are covered by the warranty: - loss of air/ audible air loss - faults with parts we have fitted to rifles as part of work undertaken - power loss - power increase above 12 ft/lbs -power inconsistencies - accuracy issues after sufficient pellet testing has been undertaken. Any issues not stated will be judged by us The RAT Works whether or not they are covered by the warranty. Power loss/increase above 12 ft/lbs / inconsistencies will not be valid if rifle has been tested with a FX Chronograph or a Chronograph we consider to be substandard, we recommend the SKAN range of chronographs for accurate readings. If we receive a rifle for an apparent issue under warranty and the issues cannot be found or the rifle is deemed to meet our specifications then the customer will be charged for the work undertaken and costs incurred for the collection/return of the rifle in question.
31. Payment must be made in full prior to new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works can be shipped/retuned to the customer.
32. If an item has been shipped by us, The RAT Works before payment has been made, we the seller remain the owner of the item until payment has been made in full by the customer. Failure to pay will result in us the seller taking back the item or result in legal action.
33. Failure to pay on time and in full my result in a delay of new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works being shipped/returned to the customer.
34. If the customer chooses the pay later option during the check out process for new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works they will receive an invoice via our payment gateway system Stripe. If a customer wishes to pay via a different method, for example cash, Pay Pal or BACS, we the seller must be shown proof of payment before we can mark the invoice as payed. If an invoice remains unpaid we will contact the customer via either email, phone, Facebook, Instagram or post until the matter has been resolved or legal proceedings have been started.
35. The Customer is allowed 7 days to dispute any invoice issued by us The RAT Works. Invoices that have been paid when placing a order for new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works is deemed to be correct and customer my not dispute the invoice in question.
36. Failure to pay after receiving new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works may result in legal action if customers has not paid with in 30 of receiving new tuned rifles/work carried out by us The RAT Works/ Products made by us The RAT Works.
LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY
37. We shall not be liable for any direct, special, indirect or consequential or incidental damages including loss of profit or loss of opportunity as a result of the use of or the inability to use any items that have been ordered on this website.
38. You agree to indemnify us and our agents, officers, directors and employees, immediately and on demand, against all claims, liability, damages, costs and expenses, including legal fees, arising out of any breach of any of our terms and conditions.
39. These terms and conditions shall be governed in accordance with English Law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England & Wales.
41. Should any part-term or term be found to be unenforceable then the remainder of the terms and conditions shall continue to have full force and effect as if the invalidated term was not present.
42. Should any delay or failure to comply with our obligations under these terms and conditions arise where it is beyond our reasonable control, we will not be responsible to you for such delay or failure nor liable for any loss that you incur, howsoever caused.