* NEW - Bolt action versions will be fitted with a new stainless steel pellet probe and probe guide to reduce the risk of pellets falling in the action *
The R12 represents a huge step forward for BSA over the R10, with an entirely new design, only retaining a handful of parts from the R10 build. The regulator is a totally new more stable design with minimal moving parts. It has been many years since we have seen a new regulator from a manufacturer and this is an entire revamp for the R12. Building from the Ultra CLX block design, moving over to a much larger regulated air capacity than the R10 and an improved loading system, a nice clear good quality gauge along with an anti-double load mechanism, the BSA R12 CLX has some fantastic features as standard!
Our work on the R12 CLX vastly improves the standard shot count, giving over 250 full power shots from a single 232bar fill down until POI drop, which for a compact rifle represents some fantastic performance!
With our ‘Service and Tune’ for the R12 CLX we replace the firing valve body, hammer, hammer spring and modify the standard Regulator unit to increase consistency and accuracy from the rifle. As an optional extra we are also offering a 27mm carbon shroud to reduce the muzzle report to a whisper.
Service & Tune (Includes a full service)
Fill pressure after work
BSA R 12 CLX & SLX
The Service & Tune package builds on the improved design of the R12 regulator, paired with our performance parts to designed to make your rifle more consistent and air efficient, not more powerful. All sub 12 (non FAC) rifles are set to around 11.5ft/lbs after any work is done, keeping you well within the legal limit.
As well as modifying the standard regulator and tuning the rifle we also engrave the breech block with the RAT WORKS logo as a way of showing that your rifle has been worked on by us, this is free of charge. If you would like extra engraving to personalise your rifle further, please look at our laser engraving tab in the homepage menu.
Below is a list of all the work undertaken as part of the tune.
- Ensure the assembly is free of any oil, grease or debris which can cause consistency issues
- Replace hammer spring with one of a more efficient design for use in regulated BSA rifles
- Hammer latch / trigger engagement faces are polished to enhance trigger feel
- PTFE slip disks fitted to reduce hammer spring torsion while cocking to aid shot to shot consistency
- Custom made hammer weight & guide to minimize hammer noise & speed up the 'lock time' of the rifle
- Bolt action versions will be fitted with a new stainless steel pellet probe.
- Bearing surfaces polished and lubricated lightly.
- Probe guide on bolt action versions is replaced to decrease the chance of pellets falling back into the action when loading and to give a smoother cocking and loading cycle.
- The magazine 'Anti Double Load' mechanism is can be removed. Leaving this fitted can lead to consistency issues as it is driven directly from the hammer. If you would like this feature refitted after our work is done, please select the option from the drop down menu. Please note, having this refitted will give a small amount more variance (generally 5-10fps) which will be apparent on a chronograph, however in actual use in the field there will be little noticeable difference.
- Bolt lock up mechanism is modified on the bolt action version of the CLX for more responsive and smoother movement, also increasing the rifles consistency.
Exhaust valve, transfer port & barrel
- The exhaust valve body is replaced entirely with a new CNC machined housing to give far better efficiency than standard.
- Valve is refaced and modified for better flow.
- The valve pressure is reset to give a better performance and less difference in power between heavy and light pellets.
- The transfer port is modified to give more air flow efficiency.
- Breech face modified to reduce wear on the pellet when loading.
- Crown of the barrel re-cut to prevent any damage to the pellet as it leaves the barrel.
- Sears are polished to a smoother finish to help a smooth cocking action.
- Trigger pin assembly is shimmed to reduce movement from left to right.
- Trigger let-off is set to a comfortable and safe amount..
- 1st stage travel can be reduced beyond standard adjustment at request.
After the regulator is fitted and the tune carried out you can expect a shot to shot consistency of single figures as soon as the rifle has been worked on. A report sheet will be emailed to you once the work is complete detailing the shot to shot consistency through our SKAN chronograph, during the testing process the rifle is held correctly in a mount to guarantee accurate results. This consistency will improve further as the rifle is used.
PLEASE NOTE: We are not able to guarantee consistency on rifles fitted with aftermarket regulators other than ones we have fitted ourselves.
We can engrave either our logo or a logo/image of your choice, this can only be done on wooden/laminate stock. For all Engraving options please click here
Getting your air rifle to us
Whether you would like to use our courier collection & return service or you would like to drop the air rifle in person. You will need to read through our delivery information by clicking here
Sorry we're out of stock
We can let you know as soon as it’s available again, enter your email address below.