Tench Regulator & Tune (Includes a full service)
The Tench Regulator & Tune packages are designed to make your rifle more consistent and air efficient, not more powerful. All sub 12 (non FAC) rifles are set to around 11.5ft/lbs after any work is done, keeping you well within the legal limit.
As Well as fitting a Tench regulator and tuning the rifle we also engrave the breech block with the words RAT WORKS as a way of showing that your rifle has been regged and tuned by us, this is free of charge. If you would like extra engraving as well as this, please select from the drop down menu above and you will be charged accordingly.
Fill Pressure when Tench Regulated
R10 (all models) (200cc bottle)
R10 TH (280cc bottle)
- Ensure the assembly is free of any oil, grease or debris which can cause consistency issues
- Replace hammer spring with one of a more efficient design for use in regulated BSA’s
- Polish the bearing surfaces in the hammer
- Hammer latch pin modified for use with new banjo pin
- Fit PTFE slip disks to reduce hammer spring torsion while cocking to aid consistency
- Custom made hammer weight & guide to minimize hammer noise & decrease strike time
- Generally, to benefit the rifle further the hammer replaced or modified.
- Loading probe modified for better airflow, pellet feed and smoothness
- Bearing surfaces polished
- On older models the probes are modified to prevent issues when cocking with the modified latch pin
- Probe guide and pellet tray are modified for a smoother cocking and loading cycle
- Cocking is modified on early models to remove the need to pull the bolt back further when loading a magazine
- If you include the magazine in with your rifle they are also modified to remove any loading issues such as jamming whilst cycling
- The magazine locating pin is modified to give a smoother movement
- Lubricant is added to parts of the assembly to allow a smoother action
- Bolt lock up mechanism is modified for more responsive and smoother movement, also increasing the rifles consistency.
- Bolt flip upon firing is removed or reduced with addition of a new banjo pin
Exhaust valve, transfer port & barrel
- The exhaust valve stem assembly is modified to run more efficiently
- Valve is refaced and modified for a faster flow
- Valve body is modified for better airflow through the firing cycle increasing efficiency
- The valve pressure is reset to give a better performance between heavy and lighter pellets
- The transfer port is modified to give more air flow efficiency
- Breech face modified to reduce wear on the pellet when loading
- Crown of the barrel re-cut the to increase the rifles accuracy
- Transfer port and barrel are aligned securely within the assembly
- Barrel is secured into the breech more accurately and securely than standard
- Sears are polished to a smoother finish
- Hammer latch pin polished & refaced
- Trigger pin assembly is reinforced to reduce movement from left to right
- Trigger let-off is set to a comfortable and safe amount.
- 1st stage travel can be reduced beyond standard adjustment at request
- Safety mechanism modified to give an easier movement & reduce noise
Rifle Collection & Return Service
Sorry we're out of stock
We can let you know as soon as it’s available again, enter your email address below.