BSA Ultra CLX (All models)
The Ultra CLX represents a huge step forward for BSA, it has been many years since we have seen a 'true new rifle' from nearly any manufacturer, this is an entire revamp for the Ultra and hopefully it will continue through the BSA range. Moving over to a mono block design, a much larger air capacity and an improved bolt action system, a nice clear good quality gauge along with an anti double load mechanism, the Ultra CLX has some fantastic features as standard!
Our work on the CLX vastly improves the standard shot count, giving over 100 full power shots from a single fill, bringing it in line with our Tench regulated HW100 carbine shot count figures, which for a compact rifle represents some fantastic performance!
With our Tench regulator conversion for the Ultra CLX we also replace the standard Quickfill unit to reduce the chance of leaks and to remove some front end weight from the rifle. This is supplied with a fill probe that clicks into the best fittings QCO2 quick coupler. As an optional extra we are also offering a 30mm carbon shroud to reduce the muzzle report to a whisper.
Tench Regulator & Tune and replacement Quickfill unit (Includes a full service)
The Tench Regulator & Tune packages are designed to make your rifle more consistent and air efficient, not more powerful. All sub 12 (non FAC) rifles are set to around 11.5ft/lbs after any work is done, keeping you well within the legal limit.
As well as fitting a Tench regulator and tuning the rifle we also engrave the breech block with the RAT WORKS logo as a way of showing that your rifle has been regulated and tuned by us, this is free of charge. If you would like extra engraving to personalise your rifle further please select from the drop down menu above and we can add this for you at an extra cost.
Fill Pressure when Tench Regulated
CLX ( All Models)
- Ensure the assembly is free of any oil, grease or debris which can cause consistency issues
- Replace hammer spring with one of a more efficient design for use in regulated BSA rifles
- Hammer latch / trigger engagement faces are polished to enhance trigger feel
- PTFE slip disks fitted to reduce hammer spring torsion while cocking to aid shot to shot consistency
- Custom made hammer weight & guide to minimize hammer noise & speed up the 'lock time' of the rifle
- Loading probe modified for better pellet feed and smoothness when loading
- Bearing surfaces polished and lubricated lightly
- Probe guide on bolt action versions is replaced to decrease the chance of pellets falling back into the action when loading and to give a smoother cocking and loading cycle.
- The magazine 'Anti Double Load' mechanism is removed. Leaving this fitted can lead to consistency issues as it is driven directly from the hammer. If you would like this feature refitted after our work is done please select the option from the drop down menu. Please note, having this refitted will give a small amount more variance (generally 5-10fps) which will be apparent on a chronograph, however in actual use in the field there will be little noticeable difference.
- Bolt lock up mechanism is modified on the bolt action version of the CLX for more responsive and smoother movement, also increasing the rifles consistency.
Exhaust valve, transfer port & barrel
- The exhaust valve body is replaced entirely with a new CNC machined housing to give far better efficiency than standard.
- Valve is refaced and modified for better flow
- The valve pressure is reset to give a better performance and less difference in power between heavy and light pellets
- The transfer port is modified to give more air flow efficiency
- Breech face modified to reduce wear on the pellet when loading
- Crown of the barrel re-cut to prevent any damage to the pellet as it leaves the barrel
- Sears are polished to a smoother finish to help a smooth cocking action
- Trigger pin assembly is shimmed to reduce movement from left to right
- Trigger let-off is set to a comfortable and safe amount.
- 1st stage travel can be reduced beyond standard adjustment at request
We can engrave either our logo or a logo/image of your choice, this can only be done on wooden/laminate stock.
For all Engraving options please click here
Rifle Collection & Return Service
Sorry we're out of stock
We can let you know as soon as it’s available again, enter your email address below.